[sles-beta] Beta 2 installation notes

Joe Doupnik jrd at netlab1.net
Sat Mar 8 10:56:35 MST 2014

     Coming back to this report and I discovered that I had mixed SLED
with SLES as both screens were open simultaneously on my desktop.
     For SLES the GUI is still like beta 1, so no progress there.
     Again for SLES, it now seems that we cannot change the name of the
Ethernet adapter via YaST. That defeats my network scripts.
     Also, installing Python app fail2ban now puts things into /usr/bin
rather than /usr/local/bin. I do not see where this change could have
occurred. The installation step is "python setup.py install" and the
particular fail2ban code is from my often used collection.
     Apologies for the confusion as I really meant to address just SLES
in this report.
     Thanks,
     Joe D.