[sles-beta] Beta 2 installation notes

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at suse.com
Mon Mar 10 08:27:06 MDT 2014

Le lundi 10 mars 2014 à 14:19 +0000, Joe Doupnik a écrit :

>      On the GUI. I had both SLES and SLED screens open. For awhile SLES
> presented the plain screen and SLED the more elaborate one. As I worked
> on the systems the SLES system started behaving like SLED. I have no
> idea why, perhaps it is just me. That means my earlier comments on the
> SLED GUI apply to SLES as well.

Yes, basic desktop functions are the same in SLES and SLED.

>     Networking. One regular Ethernet adapter, running SLES/D as an ESXi
> virtual. Beta 1 allowed one to remove the unwanted ensxxx adapter name
> and revert to ethN. Beta2 does not, and most of the YaST networking
> material is non-functional.

As mentioned already in the mailing list, network renaming is not
working properly in Beta2 and it will be fixed in beta 3. (and to be
more precise, it is not a "systemd" issue but a "udev" one ;)

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at suse.com>
SUSE