[sles-beta] SLES12 Beta2 Installation autoyast not possible

Simon Flood S.M.Flood at ucs.cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 10 08:32:41 MDT 2014

On 10/03/2014 12:41, urs.frey at post.ch wrote:

> Installation of SLES12 Beta2 with autoyast is not possible.
> Installation stalls after first reboot during stage2 when services
> should be configured to start.
> Obviously a yast problem
> Seen as ESXi VMWare Client and on HP Proliant DL380-G7
> Trying to install SLES12 Beta2 manually now.

How did you create the AutoYaST file?

I just tried (re)installing a SLES12 Beta2 VM using the autoinst.xml
file from a manual install but during the auto-install process, after
configuring bootloader, I'm prompted for Installation Settings with a
screen offering the default values not those I configured during my
manual install.

On closer inspection of the auto-generated autoinst.xml file from the
original manual install it looks like the "clone system for AutoYaST"
process is broken since it's missing partitioning and software settings.

I didn't see a reboot during the auto-install.

HTH.
--
Simon Flood
Novell/SUSE/NetIQ Knowledge Partner