[sles-beta] SLES12 Beta2 Installation autoyast not possible

urs.frey at post.ch urs.frey at post.ch
Mon Mar 10 09:20:55 MDT 2014

Hi Simon

I created my autoinst.xml on SLES12 beta1 using yast2 Autoinstallation.
In this menu there was an option 2nd stage.
As I use autoyast for a long time now, 1st stage is chroot phase, with package installation
Then kdump, grub gets written and the server will be booted onto the newly installed system
Then there will be 2nd stage with configuration of LAN, users, services etc.

Well my autoyast installation got stuck on 85% within the second stage within the blue yast 2 mask, saying in yast2: starting services
(I could not find out yet if it was ntp or which service)

When I changed using alt F2 to the next screen I could see a login screen, not the usual ongoing configuration of autoyast

As you can see now, my autoyast process does not only install packages, but does also the entire system configuration.
Other than installation &&& configuration does not make sense to me.
I need to have one entirely set up system at once using autoyast.

Short I will re-create an autoinst.xml on beta2 and see if my previous observation still does exist.

Best regards

Urs Frey
Post CH AG
Informationstechnologie