[sles-beta] Antwort: question ext4

urs.frey at post.ch urs.frey at post.ch
Thu Mar 13 03:52:58 MDT 2014

Hi

>Good.  -- Is there any need for ext4 then?
Techincally seen, NO

But because Oracle, EMC (Networker Backup), Veritas (Symantec), VMWare do not support BtrFS (yet), ext4 is the only choice. (unfortunately)

Maybe when other Linux distributions also support BtrFS as default filesystem, the critical mass could be reached for a change in the "political" games of the big application and middleware solution providers.

Best regards

Urs Frey
Post CH AG
Informationstechnologie