[sles-beta] SLES12 Beta Question concerning systemd /etc/init.d/boot.local

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at suse.com
Fri Mar 14 04:50:49 MDT 2014

Le vendredi 14 mars 2014 à 10:44 +0000, urs.frey at post.ch a écrit :
> Hi
>
> On my SLES platform there are some tools configuring things into
> sysvinit /etc/init.d/boot.local
>
> The most prominent of all are VMWareTools having an entry
> in /etc/init.d/boot.local checking for a boolean file in
> the /lib/modules/uname –r directory to select if a recompilation of
> the VMWareTool modules is necessary after a kernel patch update.
>
> For system on SLES12 I did not find a common replacement
> for /etc/init.d/boot.local yet.
>
> I guess one has to write an own script under /etc/system/system and
> create a softlink into /etc/system/system/sysinit.target.wants
>
> Question:
> Is there in system a common replacement for /etc/init.d/boot.local
> planned?

You can still create /etc/init.d/boot.local and it will be used as
before, when present, no need to do anything else
(/usr/lib/systemd/system/rc-local.service is taking care of it)

Otherwise, it would be better for VMWare to install a systemd service
(but that's up to them ;)

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at suse.com>
SUSE