[sles-beta] after.local scripts works - before.local does not

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at suse.com
Wed Mar 19 02:30:54 MDT 2014

Le mardi 18 mars 2014 à 21:37 +0000, Beddingfield, Allen a écrit :
> I just put in something simple to create a directory, touch a file, etc..  the same works fine on SLES 11 SP3, but not SLES 12 beta 2.  I've got a couple of fresh beta 2 installs going now to test some networking issues, and I will verify that it is reproducible on them and report back...

Currently, systemd doesn't support /etc/init.d/before.local, mostlyu
because of to the extreme parallelisation of the boot.

I'd suggest you use a systemd unit file to do this, this will be much
more flexible, so you can ensure it is run exactly when you want it to
be run.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at suse.com>
SUSE