[sles-beta] after.local scripts works - before.local does not

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at suse.com
Wed Mar 19 03:19:38 MDT 2014

Le mercredi 19 mars 2014 à 09:30 +0100, Frederic Crozat a écrit :
> Le mardi 18 mars 2014 à 21:37 +0000, Beddingfield, Allen a écrit :
> > I just put in something simple to create a directory, touch a file, etc..  the same works fine on SLES 11 SP3, but not SLES 12 beta 2.  I've got a couple of fresh beta 2 installs going now to test some networking issues, and I will verify that it is reproducible on them and report back...
>
> Currently, systemd doesn't support /etc/init.d/before.local, mostlyu
> because of to the extreme parallelisation of the boot.
>
> I'd suggest you use a systemd unit file to do this, this will be much
> more flexible, so you can ensure it is run exactly when you want it to
> be run.

And I forgot to mention, for creating files and directories, the easier
way is to rely on tmpfiles.d (see manpage tmpfiles.d for the syntax)
with a drop-in file in /etc/tmpfiles.d/, you should be able to do basic
file/directory creation / ownership changes / cleanup

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at suse.com>
SUSE