[sles-beta] Changing lan adapter names, get stuck rebooting

Chris, Brown brown.chris at sap.com
Wed Mar 19 11:45:26 MDT 2014

I had THOUGHT that you could pass  "biosdevname=0" at the boot prompt to get the "old style" names back, but apparently this doesn't work anymore.   to the SuSE Developers, any ideas why this "workaround" was removed?

On a side note I don't understand why the kernel devs felt the need to change something like this, but I know that's a discussion over many many many bottles of beer.

-Chris