[sles-beta] Beta 3, FTP again

Joe Doupnik jrd at netlab1.net
Sat Mar 22 11:10:53 MDT 2014

     A follow up on this message as I again try using lftp. Golly, what
a muddle this thing is. It gets worse as one tries to do something with it.
     At this point my recommendation is restore lukemftp as the main ftp
client, put lftp into the also-available category for those who wish to
use it. At some time in the future lftp may grow up to be a proper ftp
client for people to use, but it is not even close to that today,
despite the kitchen sink list of things it tries do.
     Thanks,
     Joe D.