[sles-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SLES 12 Beta3 is available

Stefan Behlert behlert at suse.com
Mon Mar 24 07:59:21 MDT 2014

Moin,

On Mar 21, 14 14:18:57 +0000, Simon Flood wrote:
> On 21/03/2014 11:57, Uwe Drechsel wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the trouble.
>>
>> We recently switched from Akami to Edgecast to improve the overall
>> download experience. The main server is still with Novell in the US,
>> Edgecast spreads from there.
>>
>> The last files have been uploaded a few hours ago, we'll keep an eye on
>> this.
>
> Hmm I'm still getting the Beta2 versions of both the MD5SUMS and SHA1SUMS
> files.

Strange. As I was the one doing the upload for Beta 3 (I was on vacation
during Beta2, so I can't say what happened there), and checked these files
explicitely, I am more than a little bit surprised.

[...]
> Note the HA *SUMS files were correct at first attempt.

Well, as this is a different product, and uploaded in a different folder,
this may be treated by the mirrors quite differently.

[...]
> Unless others are seeing the same perhaps we should take this off-list.

Uwe is looking into it.

But let me assure you: Every milestone we upload is checked at the last
point where we can for integrity.

Thanks for your report, we want to get issues with downloads fixed asap,
and these help us to ask the right questions with the service provider.

        Stefan

--
Stefan Behlert, SUSE LINUX
Project Manager Enterprise Server

Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
Phone +49-911-74053-173
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg; GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)