[sles-beta] VMware integration - was: SLES12 Beta Question concerning systemd /etc/init.d/boot.local

Bo Dang bdang at vmware.com
Thu Mar 27 21:40:15 MDT 2014

Hi Kai and Urs,

Thanks for this info and keep contacting us! As john metnioned in another thread "The intent of the message was to communicate that end users do not need to worry about installing/updating VMware tools centrally from vCenter. Instead users are expected to use OS package manager to maintain vmware tools or open-vm-tools. We published the following KB article to clarify that open-vm-tools are "supported" and there is a FAQ at the bottom about this message at http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2073803 " and we are planning to change message in the future to remove "3rd Party" and instead say something like "Guest Managed" to reduce user concerns.

If you have questions, feel free to ping us again!

Best Regards,
Bo

bdang at vmware.com
Level 8 South Wing of Tower C Raycom InfoTech Park
No. 2 Kexueyuan South Road Haidian District Beijing, 100190, People's Republic of China