[sles-beta] Issues on Beta4

Antoine Ginies aginies at suse.com
Thu Apr 17 03:39:11 MDT 2014

hello,

Klaus Gmeinwieser:
> - the Network Setup which is provided in the first installer screen
> (Register System at SUSE) allows a full configuration, but all of it is
> "forgotten" after the system is completely installed. Is this intended
> to be the correct behavior?
> I remember, that the installer should provide the possibility to
> configure the network before installation. So this functionality is
> intended for a later Beta?

it's a know bug: BNC#869856

> - in the configuration screen of YaST installer, the button "Export
> Configuration" does not create a working autoyast file. The portion of
> the file which is exported seems to be one but incomplete. This will be
> fixed in a later Beta? This button replaced the keyboard shortcut menu
> for the different sections of the config screen. Will this menu "come
> back" or is it gone?

Autoyast has got some trouble, but didn't find any bug about "Exporting
Configuration" issue. Please open an SR.

> - I want to get rid of cups on my installations, but GNOME's
> dependencies do not allow to remove cups. Is this correct behavior?

Because gnome has the capabilitie to configure printer.

> - the Pattern View of YaST Software Module does not show up all of the
> packages available, so some packages are only visible if "Search" is
> used (e.g. postgres, openjdk)

In the installation process or once the host is booted?

> - there are some packages (e.g. postgres and openjdk) which are reported
> to be unsupported at installation. Will those packages also get updates
> for security or bugs?

This mean no L3 support, but this doesnt mean that we won't provide
security or bug fixes.

--
Antoine Ginies <aginies at suse.com>
Project Manager