[sles-beta] KDE Desktop not available?

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Thu Apr 24 03:34:17 MDT 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 24, Waite, Dick wrote:

> Hi Thorsten,
>
>         No I'm talking about x86_64, we have issues with s390x but that's in a new install, we have only tried one Update and that did not get too far. We have in the past waited until x86_64 Updates clean before switching to s390x.

But x86-64 does not know about re-ipl ;)

>         Can you try a simple SLE 11-SP3 machine; KDE and one Ethernet connection, running in say VMware Workstation v10.

I don't have VMware products here, I make my tests only on real hardware
or KVM. And there it works.

>  This for us gets one burp in the Upgrade pass of:
>
> [ Internal Error: Details:undefined method '+' for nil:NilClass Caller: /mount/mp_0001/usr/share/Yast2/modules/Kdump.rb.510:in "BuildCrashKernelValue" ]
>
>         As you say, keep going and then the system re-boot's into the new enviroment. Here one can get a GRUB issue and you stop quickly, or you get to the issue attached. This is all in Service Request: 10884981671

I haven't seen that error yet. What you could try is, to disable
the bootloader proposal during upgrade, then the old grub 0.97 should
be continued to be used.

  Thorsten