[sles-beta] php disappeared in beta6?

Joe Doupnik jrd at netlab1.net
Tue May 20 04:57:30 MDT 2014

     Thanks for chiming in Kai. Your comments simply reinforce what I
speculated about. Removal has nothing, nada, to do with offering more,
as anyone can see at first glance. It has everything to do with the
people who want customers to use the "more" facility. Thus the attempts
at gloss and justification continue.

     While here, addressing points by Richard Brown today. Auto
discovery of services is basically "designed to fail." One would not
want that rating in one's engineering copybook.
     Broadcast/multicast are normally terminated at routers, often
terminated upon entry to servers as well. A person/box which naively
believes what arrives from goodness knows where gets what they deserve.
The broad/multicast approach went out more than 20 years ago when MS
Windows and Novell IPX traffic flooded our networks.
     May I recommend sound engineering practice here, unicast using
known destinations. No "Click Here" for our servers.
     Joe D.