[sles-beta] Beta 7 - Manual Interaction

Gregory D. Rosenberg gregg at ricis.com
Sat May 24 11:34:14 MDT 2014

Good afternoon Waite,

I second that notion. I would love to see the developers post any issues to the site in near-real time and maybe offer a summary at the end of some interval of time. One or Two weeks might be worth considering. Alternatively a simple web page could be setup where the developers can post issues and we can reference those daily or periodically at least.

I have to say that I am really darned impressed with the work the SuSE developers have done in SLES 12. I plan to do lots of AD, DFS, remote access using different scenarios, and testing remote management.

I wish all a happy Memorial Day Weekend :-)

The joy of playing with SLES 12 for a good part of this weekend will make for a great undisturbed time in kicking the tires. TCFN

On May 24, 2014, at 01:45 CDT, Waite, Dick <Dick.Waite at softwareag.com> wrote:

> Grand New Damp Day in Darmstadt,
>
> Known issues (selection):
> (several)  - upgrading from SLE 11 SP3 is not working flawlessly, requiring manual interaction;
>
> Downloading now, but we have all seen there are issues running the "upgrade". Would a A4 page of notes from your good developers / QE staff giving us a little "cheat sheet" on what and when the manual interactions are required. They have managed to get an upgrade to work, so why not give us some of the bits and bobs they have had to do to achieve and good upgrade. Without that info each of us is going to fall into the same hole, say some words we should not and work out our own work-a-round. Some might even send some words back to the grand list, some might not.
>
> Give us the benefits of your own experiences please so we all don't fall into the same holes.
>
> Wishing you all a grand day with Beta7
>
> __R

P.S. Text the word BLIND to 85944 to donate $10 to the NFB Imagination Fund via your phone bill.

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

--
73' & 75'
Gregory D. Rosenberg AB9MZ
gregg at ricis.com