[sles-beta] [Sleha-beta] ISCSI issues with SLES12B7 - part2 ( ISCSI 'initiator' driver)

Darren Thompson darrent at akurit.com.au
Wed May 28 07:19:48 MDT 2014

Richard

yes that did it, the syntax you gace was "nearly correct" which is amzingly
good if from memory.

correct syntax:
lio_node --addnp=TARGET_IQN TPGT IP:PORT <= in my case the TPGT value=1 so
my actual used syntax was:
lio_node --addnp
vmdisk01.iqn.2014-05.sles12source.testlab.akurit.com.au:610ebff1-2e78-4274-b4ce-e85077f6ff4b
1 192.168.100.200:3260
lio_node --addnp
vmdisk01.iqn.2014-05.sles12source.testlab.akurit.com.au:610ebff1-2e78-4274-b4ce-e85077f6ff4b
1 192.168.200.200:3260

which produced (edited to conserve space):
io_node --listendpoints
\------> vmdisk01.iqn.2014-05.sles12source.testlab.akurit.com.au:610
ebff1-2e78-4274-b4ce-e85077f6ff4b
        \-------> tpgt_1  TargetAlias: LIO Target
         TPG Status: ENABLED
         TPG Network Portals:
                 \-------> 192.168.200.200:3260
                 \-------> 192.168.100.200:3260
                 \-------> 192.168.0.200:3260
         TPG Logical Units:
                 \-------> lun_0/dev_DATA_VMDISK01 ->
target/core/iblock_0/dev_DATA_VMDISK01

Thanks again...

BTW this is not "intuitive" or "easily discovered" so will need to be
clearly documented somewhere before release to the "great unwashed masses"
:-)

Regards
Darren

On 28 May 2014 22:15, Richard Brown <rbrown at suse.de> wrote:

> [...]
> >                 >         your initiators.
> >                 >
> >                 >         Hope this helps,
> >                 >
> >                 >         - Richard
> >                 >
> >                 >         --
> >                 >

> >                 >           Richard Brown, QA Engineer
> >                 >           Phone +4991174053-361,  Fax
> >                 +4991174053-483
> >                 >           SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5,
> >                  D-90409 Nuernberg
> >                 >           Geschaeftsfuehrer: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer
> >                 Guild, Felix
> >                 >         Imendoerffer,
> >                 >           HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)
> >                 >

> >                 >
> >                 >
> >                 >
> >                 >
> >                 >
> >                 >
> >                 > --
> >                 > Darren Thompson
> >                 >
> >                 > Professional Services Engineer / Consultant
> >                 >
> >                 >  cid:image001.jpg at 01CB7C0C.6C6A2AE0
> >                 >
> >                 > Level 3, 60 City Road
> >                 >
> >                 > Southgate, VIC 3006
> >                 >
> >                 > Mb: 0400 640 414
> >                 >
> >                 > Mail: darrent at akurit.com.au
> >                 > Web: www.akurit.com.au
> >                 >
> >                 >

> >                 --

> >                   Richard Brown, QA Engineer
> >                   Phone +4991174053-361,  Fax +4991174053-483
> >                   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5,  D-90409
> >                 Nuernberg
> >                   Geschaeftsfuehrer: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix
> >                 Imendoerffer,
> >                   HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)

> >         --
> >         Darren Thompson
> >
> >         Professional Services Engineer / Consultant
> >
> >          cid:image001.jpg at 01CB7C0C.6C6A2AE0
> >
> >         Level 3, 60 City Road
> >
> >         Southgate, VIC 3006
> >
> >         Mb: 0400 640 414
> >
> >         Mail: darrent at akurit.com.au
> >         Web: www.akurit.com.au
> >

> > --
> > Darren Thompson
> >
> > Professional Services Engineer / Consultant
> >
> >  cid:image001.jpg at 01CB7C0C.6C6A2AE0
> >
> > Level 3, 60 City Road
> >
> > Southgate, VIC 3006
> >
> > Mb: 0400 640 414
> >
> > Mail: darrent at akurit.com.au
> > Web: www.akurit.com.au
> >

> --
>   Richard Brown, QA Engineer
>   Phone +4991174053-361,  Fax +4991174053-483
>   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5,  D-90409 Nuernberg
>   Geschaeftsfuehrer: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer,
>   HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)

Darren Thompson

Professional Services Engineer / Consultant

 *[image: cid:image001.jpg at 01CB7C0C.6C6A2AE0]*

Level 3, 60 City Road

Southgate, VIC 3006

Mb: 0400 640 414

Mail: darrent at akurit.com.au <steve at akurit.com.au>