[sles-beta] SLES 12 Beta7 on a Physical Machine

Waite, Dick Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Fri May 30 08:19:35 MDT 2014

Hi Mark,

        Sorry getting some time this week has proved a problem. I have got Beta7 ready to go but I needed a z/VM chap to make some changes, it’s a big holiday week in Germany...We did have a clean NEW install with Beta5, we tried an Update with Beta6 and that, as with x86_64 needs some manual work, which gave us issues we could not get past. We will go back to a New install with Beta7 and then if that is Okay try an Update, but I'm still getting issues with x86_64 in that area. SR's have been created and as RC1 is some time away lets hope we do get a clean Update, be grand to run some SAG applications...

        I did notice you're scheduled to one of the KVM pitch's at the SHARE Conference in Pittsburgh, I'm hoping to get over, been awhile. Maybe I could offer a User Experience with RHEL v7 and SLES v12 ...

15693          KVM for System z                                                                                           Tues   2014-08-05, 10:00:00     Mark Post

        I'll try and get some input for you next week. Our issues are getting KDE Updated to Gnome, Network and Wicked, Cron and Systemd, the Update still needs hand work and that is what we don’t want. With RHEL v7, Updated from v6 running on many US sites without issues its giving SLES v12 internally not good press. Some of the developers are switching to openSUSE as desktops to access the Development SLES v12 servers, openSUSE still supports KDE, for how much longer?

__R

Dick Waite
Senior R&D Consultant
Phone:  +49 6151 92-1505
Mobile: +49 171 8393 769
Software AG
Uhlandstr. 12 | 64297 Darmstadt | Germany
www.softwareag.com