[sles-beta] NCC => SCC ?? novell/center invalid??

Richard Brown rbrown at suse.de
Mon May 26 10:52:40 MDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-05-26 at 15:56 +0000, urs.frey at post.ch wrote:
> Hi
> I am desperately trying to log in tot he already longtime known URL
> http://www.novell.com/center
> Login not possible. URL seems to be dead
>
> BUT when I try to log in to https://scc.suse.com I get an
> authentication mask from SUSE and after successful login I am in my
> NCC account!
>
> HOW and why this?
> Why without communication?
>
> This is really not nice. I have something I need to do or to message
> in NCC and then just because SCC and NCC is messed up I need to play
> test-rabbit?
>
> I do not like that. Please issue a change, when productive environment
> gets modified.
> NCC is productive for all of us having servers registered
>
> Thanks
> Best regards

I am able to login to both NCC using the URL you provided and SCC using
the URL you provided

I do not believe there has been any intentional 'shutdown' of NCC, and
as I've been able to successfully login to NCC from both my work, home,
and an independent 3rd connection, I suspect your problems might be a
local issue.

Can you get to
https://secure-www.novell.com/center/regadmin/jsps/home_app.jsp ?

Hope this helps

- Richard

  Richard Brown, QA Engineer
  Phone +4991174053-361,  Fax +4991174053-483
  SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5,  D-90409 Nuernberg
  Geschaeftsfuehrer: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer,
  HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)