[sles-beta] static libraries

Waite, Dick Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Sat May 31 01:09:09 MDT 2014

Grand Sunny Saturday,

Well its there in black and white, wish I had been there but water under bridge now. Like editors, Display Environments are very personal. I have been SuSE and SUSE since the 90's and KDE has been my desktop. I do hope its stays with openSUSE, I have not seen any "dropping" words from that source. We have made use of KDE's features for any years so it will take time to change. Our US customers are more Redhat and KDE is alive and well in v7 so for them its business as usual but in Europe and Asia its more SUSE and KDE, so work to be done, or thinking to be done first then work.
I'm trying to get two samples of our QE and App_Dev machines past the "Update" phases and with Beta7 we are still trying on both zLinux and x86_64.
You did publish SUSE will drop KDE, we missed it and I think a few others did. I follow openSUSE as to what SUSE is going to do next, try out new idea's, new features etc. Fedora seems to lead the way for RHEL.
We have done very little application testing and building with SUSE v12 because we can not get these machine to that level. New install does work, but that is not what we need, we Update the Operating Systems and check all is well, then maybe at nn-SP1 we start compiling the application and check that they work. Working on the idea, never change more than you need to, first the OS then the APP. Customers like to know their database is in safe hands, Evolution not Revolution, but on the Tablet and front Ends there is a fast change.
A gave Google the words "SUSE drop KDE", on .com there is not a lot to see, one entry from Nov 9th 2005 says SuSE exits KDE, and the words are not good words, on .DE that entry is there but very little else. There are a lot of very +ve words from SUSE about KDE ;o)

Okay time to push on, water is under bridge, lets think and plan what we do next.

__R