[sles-beta] SLES12 x86_64 Beta8 KVM Client installation using virt-manager console dies immediately

Darren Thompson darrent at akurit.com.au
Tue Jun 10 14:48:38 MDT 2014

Team

I have found that I have to create the virbr0 device (within Virt0manager's
"networks" configuraation, prior to creating a VM).

When I create a VM, I then have to "specify" to use the virbr0 device using
the "input bridge name" option.

Only then does it allow me to install a VM.

That is with XEN, I supect similar behaviour/work arounds are required for
KVM too.

Darren