[sles-beta] Discussion point, is it worth delaying SLES12 to gain this functionality?

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Wed Jun 18 00:30:45 MDT 2014

Hello Darren,

On 2014-06-18 T 13:02 +1000 Darren Thompson wrote:

> Team
>
> I have just been reading Lennart Poettering's systemd
> blog and it got me thinking.
>
> Factory Reset, Stateless Systems, Reproducible Systems
> & Verifiable Systems http://0pointer.de/blog Is it
> worth delaying the release of SLES12 and incorporating
> this functionality as it would be a compelling reason
> to update or switch to SLES12.
>
> What are your thoughts?

independent of the topic (I had no time to read the blog
yet), SUSE Linux Enterprise has project- and test-plans
which go beyond SUSE and not only involve this beta
community, but also technology partners for example.

Adding more time for betas and release candidates (as we
announced some weeks ago) is possible or "in scope",
adding a completly new init-stack would not, as it would
invalidate a lot of testing.

Hope this explains.

so long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail: mge at suse.com