[sles-beta] Help, getting an autoyast build for "multi-user" target

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at suse.com
Wed Jun 18 01:52:16 MDT 2014

Le mercredi 18 juin 2014 à 10:50 +1000, Darren Thompson a écrit :
> Team
>

> I have been doing some testing on getting a "default graphical build"
> SLES12B8 server to become a "multi-user" server.
>

> It's harder than you would think, mainly due to the way
> display-server.service seems to be erroneously activated, even on
> multi-user target boots.
>

> I have found this process works:
> 1. Login to graphical console as root user.
> 2. run a "terminal" session (the yast service manager process is
> currently broken, it would be Bets/easier to just run that).
> 3. cd /etc/systemd/system
> 4. rm default.target
> 5. ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target default.target
> 6. cd /usr/lib/systemd/user
> 7. rm default.target
> 8. ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target default.target
> 9. cd /usr/lib/systemd/system
> 10. rm default.target
> 11. ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target default.target
> **** I have no idea why default.target is in these three locations, I
> would expect 2 of them are redundant but am not familiar enough with
> systemd to guess which ****

Sorry but you are doing this the wrong way.

NEVER ever change stuff in /usr/lib/systemd/system. /etc/systemd/system
has ALWAYS precedence over /usr/lib/systemd/system, which means file
with the same name in /etc/systemd/system will "hide" the one
in /usr/lib/systemd/system.

The proper way to do it is :
run as root: systemctl set-default --force multi-user.target

(or if you want to do it manually: ln -s
-f /usr/lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target /etc/systemd/system/default.target)

That's it.

--
Frederic Crozat
Project Manager Enterprise Desktop