[sles-beta] Help, getting an autoyast build for "multi-user" target

Darren Thompson darrent at akurit.com.au
Wed Jun 18 02:13:24 MDT 2014

Frederic

Good Point...

Team, do it the way he says... ;-)

e.g.

1. Login to graphical console as root user.
2. run a "terminal" session (the yast service manager process is currently
broken, it would be Best/easier to just run that).
3. systemctl set-default --force multi-user.target
- This will "tell" systemd that you want to run in "multi-user" mode (e.g.
the old init 3 level, without a X-server/GUI).
*** reboot ***
4 shutdown -r now
(you can achieve the same result by typing: 'init 3' if you prefer not to
reboot).

If you want to reverse this and run the full "graphical" (X) console again
1. Login to test console as root user.
2. systemctl set-default --force graphical.target
- This will "tell" systemd that you want to run in "Graphical" mode (e.g.
the old init 5 level, with a X-server/GUI).
*** reboot ***
4 shutdown -r now
(you can achieve the same result by typing: 'init 5' if you prefer not to
reboot).

I hope this is found to be helpful.

Darren