[sles-beta] libvirtd: metadata not found

Jason Douglas jdouglas at suse.com
Thu Jun 19 02:10:13 MDT 2014

Hi Gunther,

On 06/19/2014 12:17 AM, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello Jason,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2014, 13:46:50 schrieb Jason Douglas:
>> Hi Gunther,
>>
>> On 06/17/2014 07:06 PM, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is this a problem with libvirtd by a KVM installation?
>>>
>>> I found a patch on redhat this implements this metadata.
>>>
>>> #SR ?
>> Could you please provide some additional details? It isn't clear what
>> you're referring to, especially since we don't see the string "metadata"
>> in any libvirtd log files. Thanks.
> This is a KVM Installation Beta8 with clients B8
>
> I found in different Logs
>
> libvirtd[..]: metadata not found: Requested metadata element is not present
>
> I hope this helps?
We don't see anything like that in our logs. What tool are you using for
VM management? Is it just the standard stuff that ships with SLES 12
(virt-manager, for example)?

Is there a specific operation you're performing on your VM when you see
that error? Does it correlate to changing the VM configuration, or to
migrating the VM, for example?

We'd like to help you get to the bottom of this, so thank you for your
patience.

jason