[sles-beta] libvirtd: metadata not found

Günther J. Niederwimmer gjn at gjn.priv.at
Thu Jun 19 05:12:33 MDT 2014

Hello Jason,

Am Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2014, 02:10:13 schrieb Jason Douglas:
> Hi Gunther,
>
> On 06/19/2014 12:17 AM, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> > Hello Jason,
> >
> > Am Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2014, 13:46:50 schrieb Jason Douglas:
> >> Hi Gunther,

> >> Could you please provide some additional details? It isn't clear what
> >> you're referring to, especially since we don't see the string "metadata"
> >> in any libvirtd log files. Thanks.
> >
> > This is a KVM Installation Beta8 with clients B8
> >
> > I found in different Logs
> >
> > libvirtd[..]: metadata not found: Requested metadata element is not
> > present
> >
> > I hope this helps?
>
> We don't see anything like that in our logs. What tool are you using for
> VM management? Is it just the standard stuff that ships with SLES 12
> (virt-manager, for example)?
:(.

Yes, I install with original virt-manager.

> Is there a specific operation you're performing on your VM when you see
> that error? Does it correlate to changing the VM configuration, or to
> migrating the VM, for example?

I found it now ;)

I am with "ssh -X root at server" on the server and when I start remote virt-
manager, I found on a second remote Session with tail - f /var/log/messages
this Log by starting virt-manager.

Is this virt-manager oder ssh?

> We'd like to help you get to the bottom of this, so thank you for your
> patience.

Thank's

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards,