[sles-beta] libvirtd: metadata not found

Jason Douglas jdouglas at suse.com
Fri Jun 20 02:48:26 MDT 2014

Hi Gunther,

Thanks for your help. With your hint, we were able to duplicate the
error in-house. Here's what my lead libvirt engineer has to say about it:

-------

As it turns out, not really an error.  If the domain config contains
<title>, I don't see the log message.  E.g.

<domain type='kvm'>
   <name>sles12b8-kvm</name>
   <uuid>40855800-b30d-c171-d447-f84e30aaa6cf</uuid>
   <title>This is a test</title>
</domain>

virt-manager now asks for a domain's <title> via virDomainGetMetadata.
If the title exists, it is displayed next to the domain's little icon.
virt-manager swallows the error if no <title> exists.
virDomainGetMetadata is correctly returning an error (it cannot retrieve
the requested metadata afterall), with the side-affect of the log
entry.  I'm not sure what we can do here, beyond patching out this
little virt-manager feature.

Jim

-------

We haven't decided how to handle this in house, but now that we know the
problem exists, we can deal with it. Do you have any questions or
preferences on how we "fix" this issue?

Thanks again for your diligent testing.

Jason