[sles-beta] SLSE12 - Activation codes and mirror account details

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Fri Jun 20 02:39:32 MDT 2014

Hello Darren and all,

On 2014-06-20 T 18:19 +1000 Darren Thompson wrote:

> I have to admit that I have been just skipping past
> the registration screen so far.
>
> With the imminent SLSE12B9 I want to start testing
> registration, updates and SMT.
>
> I seem to have missed the information on how to get a
> valid "evaluation" code for SLES12 and SLES12HA?

just use a valid SLE 11 code, either a real one or an
evaluation code, as you get it from the download site.

My understanding is that during the beta phase the use
of a valid SLE 11 code will not be "accounted" for.

> Also how do I get the equivalent of "mirror
> credentials" for SCC to feed into SMT?

The SLE 11 "mirror credentials" do work for me: I am
are using the SMT Beta code as announced by Jiri.
Please consult the README provided in the SMT Beta
download directory for advice, how to migrate an
existing, NCC based, SMT to SCC. Make sure to have a
backup of your SMT configuration and data, just in case
you have a need to go back.

Btw.: this would be a good question for the SMT Beta
mailinglist! Hint, hint, ...

so long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail: mge at suse.com