[sles-beta] ruby in the Web and Scripting module

David Byte dbyte at suse.com
Mon Jun 23 12:47:48 MDT 2014

Is it safe to assume that changes in Ruby have to synced with compatibility with Yast now as well?

David Byte
Sr. Technology Strategist, OEM
SUSE
dbyte at suse.com
(P)918.528.4422
www.suse.com
https://www.suse.com/partners/integrated-systems/

On 2014-06-23 T 12:35 -0600 Mike Friesenegger wrote:
> On 06/23/2014 12:22 PM, Matthias G. Eckermann wrote:

> >the answer to both questions is: Only for Ruby on
> >Rails, not for Ruby as a programming language.

> Will newer versions of Ruby not just Ruby on Rails be
> made available either as a SLES12 update or via a
> module?

Fully backward compatible ruby versions might be
provided as part of SLES over the years.

If we would ship non-backward compatible ruby versions
for SLES 12 at all has not been decided yet. This
certainly depends on the development in the ruby
(language) community.

so long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail: mge at suse.com