[sles-beta] ruby in the Web and Scripting module

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Mon Jun 23 14:09:19 MDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, David Byte wrote:

> Is it safe to assume that changes in Ruby have to synced with compatibility with Yast now as well?

As of today, nobody can say anything how this all will develop,
too much depends on "upstream" we cannot influence.
But there is no problem that YaST will continue to use the current
ruby implementation and modules until the EOL of SUSE Linux Enterprise 12
independent of any ruby updates we will do.

  Thorsten