[sles-beta] SR 10901431571 created for not being able to run under XenServer 6.2.x

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Fri Jul 11 13:22:15 MDT 2014

It looks like I now have rights to enter an SR, so I have belatedly entered one (SR# 10901431571) for the issue I uncovered with running under XenServer.

The description I submitted is as follows:

I have been trying to get SLES 12 running under Citrix XenServer 6.2.  SLES 11 works on there with no problems.  Here is the result of SLES 12:

The installation goes off with no problem.  There are no errors or issues.
On final reboot, the last three lines seen on the screen are:

Linux agpgart interface v0.103
Xen virtual console successfully install on ttyS0
i8042:  PNP:  No PS/2 controller found.  Probing ports directly.

At this point, it not only stops, but the VM actually powers off.

I can install using the "Other Install Media" template, which generates a HVM virtual machine, but that is not acceptable for production.  The problems above occur when trying to use the SLES 11 template (which would generate a PV virtual machine).

It is my understanding from discussions on the beta team maling list that XenServer is supposed to be targeted as a supported platform for SLES.  I can confirm that it does not work with any beta version under the latest version of XenServer.
--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer