[sles-beta] Japanese Input

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at suse.com
Tue Jul 22 06:03:12 MDT 2014

Le mardi 22 juillet 2014 à 13:56 +0200, Klaus Gmeinwieser a écrit :
> Hi SUSE team,
>
> I tested an install of SLES12 in Japanaese which seems to work faily
> good (Japanese character output used in the F1-F6 terminals remain cubes
> for e.g. df -h command)...
>
> The main Problem for me now, is to get Japanese Input system (ibus) to
> work. Is there any documentation available from SUSE on how to setup (if
> necessary), use and switch between the keyboard layouts?
>
> Some documenation is available for Arch and Ubuntu, but I assume this
> not to apply for the SUSE branding of Gnome....

The "Arch" documentation should apply to our GNOME version. You just
need to go to GNOME Control Center (The settings icon on the bottom
right system menu), "Region and Languages" and "Add input source".

It should be the same for other languages such as Korean and Chinese.

--
Frederic Crozat
Project Manager Enterprise Desktop