[sles-beta] beta10 autoYast SMT / CC Registration

Josef Reidinger jreidinger at suse.com
Fri Jul 25 02:29:34 MDT 2014

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 08:30:16 +0000
"Ronny Pretzsch" <ronny.pretzsch at dfs.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have some questions about the early registration to SMT or Customer
> Center (CC) feature in SLES12.
>
> When installing manually Yast offers the ability to register before
> actually installing. This is useful as updates can be installed
> immediately. Since Beta10 one can choose a local registration server
> (SMT) on the Yast gui. Thank you for this feature.
>
> Can anybody post a functioning autoyast.xml extract which does
> exactly this registering in Autoyast? (Please no "that SHOULD work"
> stuff) Or send a (public) link to the current SLES *12* Autoyast
> Documentation?

Hi Ronny, as question regarding registration in autoyast environment
appear, I try to capture example snippet -
https://github.com/yast/yast-registration/blob/master/README.md

If something do not work or something is not clear, do not hesitate to
ask, I will try to improve such snippet or documentation of
registration part.

Josef