[sles-beta] zLinux - Yast2 - unable to access sub-APPs - zypper Okay - SR 10904063271

Waite, Dick Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Thu Jul 31 03:14:06 MDT 2014

Grand Sunny Day,

          As I have come to a stop with VMware and SLES12 I thought, lets try with a “real” virtual machine…;o)

          Running z/VM with a new install of SLE12-Beta10, but we have seen this back on Beta7 or 8

          Runs Okay until after the re-load. One can call Yast2 or Yast but one can not enter the subtask to run the required work. It’s the same for any Yast task. One can work with zypper to complete the install.

          SR 10904063271 has been created. If Yast has been done away with like KDE then we will finish here… I have attached: /var/log/YaST2/y2log, if other logs are required let me know or update the SR.

          This was a new install, an update does not get very far, seems wicked and hipersockets don’t talk very well, but lets get an install working with Yast and then take a look at zLinux – z/VM – SLE12-Update

Having a lot of fun …Christmas with SLE12.

__R

Dick Waite
Senior R&D Consultant
Phone:  +49 6151 92-1505
Mobile: +49 171 8393 769
Software AG
Uhlandstr. 12 | 64297 Darmstadt | Germany
www.softwareag.com<http://www.softwareag.com/>

Software AG – Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstraße 12, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany – Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/Management Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Dr. Wolfram Jost, Arnd Zinnhardt; - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Andreas Bereczky - http://www.softwareag.com