[sles-beta] SLES12RC1 Docker Ping Problem After Machine Reboot

Flavio Castelli fcastelli at suse.com
Tue Aug 5 02:01:30 MDT 2014

On 08/05/2014 06:23 AM, Bonazzoli Giandomenico - Technogym SPA wrote:
> If you reboot a SLES12 RC1 after a successful docker pull & docker run when  you retry the docker run the container is without any external connection, so for example ping does just not work.

As a quick workaround you can execute this command manually:
   /usr/sbin/sysctl -p /etc/sysctl.d/200-docker.conf

This is done whenever the docker service is started.

Do you have some special firewall rule in place?

Does the problem happen immediately after you reboot the machine or
after some time it has been running?

Feel free to contact me privately to discuss this issue if you don't
want to share such details here.

Cheers
Flavio