[sles-beta] SLES12 x86_64 linuxrc network configuration not working, automated installation not possible

Steffen Winterfeldt snwint at suse.de
Tue Aug 5 06:38:41 MDT 2014

On Tue, 5 Aug 2014, urs.frey at post.ch wrote:

> Why does IPV6 configure the network? I have an IPV4 address only configured!

I can't really say without a log. :-(

If you have only v4 and v6 autoconfig gets in the way, use ipv4only=1.

> Second try. There MUST be a netwait of min 40sec because of the check-point firewalls and CISCO
> switches!!!

Uhm, that might explain it. netwait is currently not applied to static
configs (yes, a bug). :-/

For testing, you can use 'debug.wait=net:2501'. Whis will stop right after
'wicked ifup' and offer you a shell for debugging. Just wait there and
continue when the network is ready.

Steffen