[sles-beta] SLES12 RC1 Manual installation

Ladislav Slezak lslezak at suse.cz
Wed Aug 6 01:57:52 MDT 2014

Hello,

Dne 5.8.2014 17:23, Ronny Pretzsch napsal(a):
> Hello again,
>
> we have a local SMT-Beta running on SLES11 SP3:
> smt-2.0.0-0.12.1
>
> We started SLES12 RC1 Installer (PXE),
> configuring the network early and
> pressing the "Local Registration Server" Button.
> Here we entered "http://<our-smt-beta>/"
>
> Then we clicked "Next" and a saw the following error:

The "Details: Not Found" indicates HTTP Error 404 (Not Found),
according to the log the base product registration succeeded.

Yast then wants to download the list of available extensions.
That also succeeded, but the next SMT call which should
download the extension status (to know which extensions were
already activated) it fails with 404 error.

I just have tested a SMT installation and it was OK for me,
but the testing instance I used is not maintained by me so I actually
do not know the exact version which is deployed, but it should be
a development instance with the latest version...

IIRC this extensions status call was added recently, could you verify
that your SMT server is running the latest SMT-Beta release?

Anyway, yast should not crash in that situation, looks like a missing
error handling. Please open a bug report for this issue.

--

Ladislav Slezák
Appliance department / YaST Developer
lslezak at suse.com