[sles-beta] SLES12 RC1 Manual installation

Jiri Srain jsrain at suse.cz
Wed Aug 6 03:35:48 MDT 2014

Hello,

On 08/06/2014 09:57 AM, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Dne 5.8.2014 17:23, Ronny Pretzsch napsal(a):
>> Hello again,
>>
>> we have a local SMT-Beta running on SLES11 SP3:
>> smt-2.0.0-0.12.1
>>
>> We started SLES12 RC1 Installer (PXE),
>> configuring the network early and
>> pressing the "Local Registration Server" Button.
>> Here we entered "http://<our-smt-beta>/"
>>
>> Then we clicked "Next" and a saw the following error:
>
> The "Details: Not Found" indicates HTTP Error 404 (Not Found),
> according to the log the base product registration succeeded.
>
> Yast then wants to download the list of available extensions.
> That also succeeded, but the next SMT call which should
> download the extension status (to know which extensions were
> already activated) it fails with 404 error.
>
> I just have tested a SMT installation and it was OK for me,
> but the testing instance I used is not maintained by me so I actually
> do not know the exact version which is deployed, but it should be
> a development instance with the latest version...

I intend to provide a new testing version of SMT, I believe that the
announcement will go to sles-beta list during this week.

> IIRC this extensions status call was added recently, could you verify
> that your SMT server is running the latest SMT-Beta release?

The used version is currently the latest available. Please, wait a few
days before next testing attempt.

Sorry for inconvenience,
   Jiri

Jiri Srain
Project Manager
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.                            e-mail: jsrain at suse.com
Lihovarska 1060/12                            tel: +420 284 084 659
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 284 084 001
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.com