[sles-beta] RC1 NRPE Package (nagios)

Ronny Pretzsch ronny.pretzsch at dfs.de
Wed Aug 6 04:40:11 MDT 2014

Hi,

We added SLES, SDK and Adv.Sysmgmt as install sources.

There seems to be a srcpackage "nrpe".
But there is no package "nrpe" - only the plugin.

0 testvm002:~ # zypper se nrpe
Reading installed packages...

S | Name                    | Summary                        |
Type
--+-------------------------+--------------------------------+-----------
i | monitoring-plugins-nrpe | NRPE plugin                    |
package
  | nrpe                    | Nagios Remote Plug-In Executor |
srcpackage

We tried to install the srcpackage, but it fails:

0 testvm002:~ # zypper in -t srcpackage nrpe
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following source package is going to be installed:
  nrpe

1 source package to install.
Overall download size: 438.1 KiB. Already cached: 0 B  After the
operation, additional 447.1 KiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/? shows all options] (y):
Media source 'http://install.prod.bk.dfs/sles12-64' does not contain the
desired medium

Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i/? shows all options] (a):
Problem occured during or after installation or removal of packages:
Installation aborted by user

What's wrong with the install medium?

Are there any plans to provide the nrpe binary (server - usually started
by xinetd) in SLE12? The mere plugin makes no sence, does it?

We use nrpe to monitor our systems with nagios/icinga. In SLE11 we
compiled nrpe by ourselves.

Regards,
Ronny Pretzsch

DFS Deutsche Flugsicherung GmbH
Am DFS-Campus
D - 63225 Langen

Tel.: +49-(0)6103-707-0

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Langen/Hessen
Zuständiges Registergericht: AG Offenbach am Main, HRB 34977
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Michael Odenwald
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Klaus-Dieter Scheurle (Vors.), Robert Schickling, Dr. Michael Hann

Internet: http://www.dfs.de
Public-Key der DFS: http://www.dfs.de/dfs/public_key.asc <http://www.dfs.de/dfs/public_key.asc>