[sles-beta] RC1 NRPE Package (nagios)

Ronny Pretzsch ronny.pretzsch at dfs.de
Fri Aug 8 06:06:37 MDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-08-07 at 14:11 +0100, Simon Flood wrote:
> On 07/08/2014 13:55, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
>
> > Correct, byt you tried to install a source RPM:
> > "We tried to install the srcpackage".
>
> I think Ronny tried installing the srcpackage because they couldn't
> install the nrpe package as per

Absolutely correct. Thank you.

>  > There seems to be a srcpackage "nrpe".
>  > But there is no package "nrpe" - only the plugin.
>
> So where is nagios-nrpe or any other nagios packages in SLES12? They'res
> not in SLES12 RC1 DVD1, mini, modules (legacy, adv. system mgmt, web
> scripting) or Workstation Extension.

Thus the question if the nrpe daemon (nrpe tcp-server) is going to be
included in any SLE12 product.

> There is a monitoring-plugins-nrpe package which I believe is the new
> name for nagios-plugins-nrpe (as was in SLES11).

This package seems to be built from that nrpe srpm.

I wanted to check if the nrpe srpm does contain the actual nrpe daemon
(tcp-server) or only the nrpe plugin (tcp-client).

In the latter case I wonder why, as the client alone does not help
anyone. It's the nrpe server that has to be installed on every system to
be monitored.

Ronny

DFS Deutsche Flugsicherung GmbH
Am DFS-Campus
D - 63225 Langen

Tel.: +49-(0)6103-707-0

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Langen/Hessen
Zuständiges Registergericht: AG Offenbach am Main, HRB 34977
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Michael Odenwald
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Klaus-Dieter Scheurle (Vors.), Robert Schickling, Dr. Michael Hann

Internet: http://www.dfs.de
Public-Key der DFS: http://www.dfs.de/dfs/public_key.asc <http://www.dfs.de/dfs/public_key.asc>