[sles-beta] RC1 NRPE Package (nagios)

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Fri Aug 8 06:36:16 MDT 2014

Hello all,

On 2014-08-08 T 14:06 +0200 Ronny Pretzsch wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-08-07 at 14:11 +0100, Simon Flood wrote:
> >
> > So where is nagios-nrpe or any other nagios packages
> > in SLES12? They'res not in SLES12 RC1 DVD1, mini,
> > modules (legacy, adv. system mgmt, web scripting) or
> > Workstation Extension.
>
> Thus the question if the nrpe daemon (nrpe tcp-server)
> is going to be included in any SLE12 product.

Similar to the nagios-plugins (which have been renamed to
monitoring-plugins), the nrpe stuff will be renamed to
monitoring*nrpe-*.

> In the latter case I wonder why, as the client alone
> does not help anyone. It's the nrpe server that has to
> be installed on every system to be monitored.

Unfortunately both nrpe packages where missing in SUSE
Linux Enterprise Server 12 RC1, they should become
available again in RC2.

HTH -
So long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail: mge at suse.com