[sles-beta] wicked & openvswitch

Günther J. Niederwimmer gjn at gjn.priv.at
Thu Aug 14 05:14:51 MDT 2014

Hello Karol,

Am Dienstag, 12. August 2014, 19:46:33 schrieb Karol Mroz:
> Guenther et al,
>
> After some internal discussion, I wanted to address your queries regarding
> openvswitch (ovs) and Wicked, to hopefully clarify any confusion that may
> have arisen.
>
> Wicked is able to configure address, route and resolver settings of an
> ovs-style bridge. No more, no less. This means that the actual interface
> _needs_ to have been created and had a bridge port assigned by way of
> openvswitch itself (ie. ovs-vsctl. Wicked, currently, is _not_ able to
> create ovs-style bridges.
>
> To create and configure an ovs-style bridge on a SLES-12 system with
> openvswitch 2.1.2 and wicked-0.6.1, you may do the following:
>
> Assumptions:
> - eth0 will be the bridge port for ovs-style bridge called ovsbr0 (adjust
> naming suit your needs/system)

OK, I make all what you say but this is the most time not working. :-(

a static configuration is not possible. I have ovsbr0, ovsbr1 ovsbr2

With BOOTPROTO= 'dhcp' in ovsbr0 the network coming up AFTER boot sometimes
with wicked ifreload all or ifup all? the most time not.

But then I have a dhcp and a static address (configuration) I change only
"BOOTPROTO"

The ovsbr1 is static configured (IPv6) this is working normal when the ovsbr0
is coming up.

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards,

  Günther J. Niederwimmer