[sles-beta] Enabling ip forwarding causes server to reboot

Stephan Barth snbarth at suse.de
Tue Aug 19 02:26:21 MDT 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 02:20:45PM -0500, Andy Ryan wrote:
> My SLES 12RC1 server will reboot when I simply do an echo 1 >>
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward.  It reboots instantly and nothing is in the
> logs.

Do you really use two >>? I tried both with one and two and it worked for me
in the same way.
Is this on bare metal or in a VM? Which type?

Or maybe you just open an SR for this if it's reproducible.

--
Bye,

          Stephan  Barth

SUSE MaintenanceSecurity - SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)