[sles-beta] Enabling ip forwarding causes server to reboot

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Tue Aug 19 02:34:29 MDT 2014

Hello Andy and all,

On 2014-08-18 T 14:20 -0500 Andy Ryan wrote:

> My SLES 12RC1 server will reboot when I simply do an
> echo 1 >> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward.  It reboots
> instantly and nothing is in the logs.

Do you really do a " >> ", i.e. with two " > " ?

If yes, can you please try with one " > " only?

One " > " is what should be used, however, using " >> "
definitely should not reboot the system:-(

Please open a Service Request.

Thanks -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH  Maxfeldstraße 5          90409 Nürnberg Germany