[sles-beta] Enabling ip forwarding causes server to reboot

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Wed Aug 20 04:15:16 MDT 2014

On 2014-08-19T11:08:36, Andy Ryan <aryan1 at allantgroup.com> wrote:

> I am running pacemaker on these systems and that seems to be an issue.  I
> stopped pacemaker, turned on ip_forward, and restarted pacemaker and the
> system did not reboot.  It looks like it is the stonith device?  The
> stonith device is a shared disk partition, so it should not be an issue
> (since the disc is on its own FC HBA).  But I checked and one of the other
> nodes does indeed reset the node that I tried to enable ip_forwarding on.

Hard to comment without knowing your network and cluster topology, but
it's conceivable that you're changing something that breaks the cluster
communication.

I doubt it's related to the STONITH device, but I'd expect you to get a
bunch of corosync messages from all the nodes.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA