[sles-beta] Network Problem on Install RC2

Günther J. Niederwimmer gjn at gjn.priv.at
Thu Aug 28 09:52:40 MDT 2014

Hell Jiri,

Am Donnerstag, 28. August 2014, 16:30:12 schrieb Jiri Bohac:
> Hello Günther,
>
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 04:20:31PM +0200, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> > I like to have eth0 on the first found NIC but now the Installer it
> > different the onboard NiCs are eth3 or eth4 usw.
>
> eth0 _is_ the first found NIC; There is nothing that we can do to
> guarantee the onboard NICs are found first.

The found schema is new I mean, with my 4 NICs I have

1 Dual Port NIC this have no 0 and 2

2 OnBoard Nics this have now 1 and 3

or other ;-)

on older Installation, the onboard NiC hav 0 and 1

The Dual Port NIC 2 and 3 ?

> > When I like to change this I have afterward  a broken Network or a crash
> > with the Installer.
>
> I tried to reproduce this and found it was indeed broken.
> I tried to rename eth0->eth1 and eth1->eth0 on a two NIC system
> and couldn't do that properly. But I did not get the installer to
> crash.

Please make a cc, than I can sent the YaST Logs.

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards,

  Günther J. Niederwimmer