[sles-beta] Network Problem on Install RC2

Jiri Bohac jbohac at suse.cz
Thu Aug 28 08:30:12 MDT 2014

Hello Günther,

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 04:20:31PM +0200, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> I like to have eth0 on the first found NIC but now the Installer it different
> the onboard NiCs are eth3 or eth4 usw.

eth0 _is_ the first found NIC; There is nothing that we can do to
guarantee the onboard NICs are found first.

> When I like to change this I have afterward  a broken Network or a crash with
> the Installer.

I tried to reproduce this and found it was indeed broken.
I tried to rename eth0->eth1 and eth1->eth0 on a two NIC system
and couldn't do that properly. But I did not get the installer to
crash.

I opened bug #894053, but since SLE bugs are not publicly visible, you
cannot see it. Let me know if you want to be put on the CC list
of that bug and give us more details of your problem.

Thanks for testing!

--
Jiri Bohac <jbohac at suse.cz>
SUSE Labs, SUSE CZ