[sles-beta] openvswitch LTE Version

Milisav Radmanic radmanic at suse.com
Fri Aug 29 02:05:44 MDT 2014

On 28.08.2014 19:02, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can we have the LTE Version 2.3 from openvswitch in the SLES 12 I miss this in
> RC2

as Thorsten already pointed out we have to freeze the version of a
software package at some point in time, at least as soon as we have
reached "Release Candidate" status we are not able to simply upgrade
packages.
Sometimes the timing is not ideal, but with all the packages on the SLES
media there will always be these kind of situations.

But we have made sure by discussing with the openvswitch community, to
choose a version which will receive patches for a longer period.
So, the openvswitch 2.1-branch we have put on SLE-12 will still receive
patches and is not outdated with the release of the 2.3-branch.
That is the reason why we've chosen the 2.1-branch instead of the
already available 2.2-branch back then.

best regards
Milisav

--
Milisav Radmanic
Sr. Engineering Manager SUSE Linux Enterprise Applications