[sles-beta] openldap Packet broken

Günther J. Niederwimmer gjn at gjn.priv.at
Mon Sep 1 03:15:51 MDT 2014

Am Montag, 1. September 2014, 10:35:34 schrieb Florian Winkler:
> Hello,
>
> Am 01.09.2014 10:01, schrieb Martin Vidner:

> >> I tested it today ;)
> >>
> >> You are right, when I Install openlad as single packet I have the user /
> >> group ldap.
> >>
> >> But when I install over YaST2 auth Server I have no user / group ldap
> >>
> >> now I start to test to config openldap handy.
> >>
> >> after install with  YaST2 Auth Server I have always the Error
> >> "Implementation Error" when I like to change anything, also when I
> >> create user / group ldap ?>
> > That looks like a bug in the YaST module. Please enter a bug in
> > Bugzilla and attach YaST logs.
> > https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Report_a_YaST_bug
>
> i cannot reproduce this erratic behaviour here. I used the YaST module
> to create an Auth Server and everything seems to work just fine. User
> and group 'ldap' are present and i don't get any errors. I have tested
> it today with the RC2. Which actual steps led you the error?

I mean this Problem is starting with RC1 I found it with RC2

this is a minimal (no gnome no 32 Bit) installation in text mode. I install
over ssh -X on my system, the most time the user / group ldap is not installed
but sometime it is created ? Or i install openldap before YaST AUTH-server..

The YAST Module auth-server don't check if the user / group ldap exists ?
I can start the YaST module after broken installation "normal"

My test is now after installation "su ldap" when I have no user ldap then I
install again openldap packet then i have a user / group ldap

It is broken with master / single installation.

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards,

  Günther J. Niederwimmer