[sles-beta] EXTERNAL: SLES12 RC2 x86_64 - iSCSI boot and UEFI together

Richard Brown rbrown at suse.de
Tue Sep 9 09:25:30 MDT 2014

I've tried iSCSI boot in the following scenarios with RC2 and earlier

BIOS with an iBFT iSCSI HBA/Offload
BIOS with /boot on removable/local media and /root on iSCSI
UEFI with /boot on removable/local media and /root on iSCSI

I don't have a UEFI machine that's compatible with my iSCSI HBA, but on
the surface I cant see how they'd be different, assuming the HBA
correctly identifies itself as boot device to UEFI, but to me that seems
more the realm of hardware compatibility, and not something SLE 12 can
do anything about in software

Regards,

Richard